A few weeks ago, I started working on scarabs. I was using a push mold method originally intended by the great blogfather to be used on the new style scarabs, but I was able to use it on the classic raider style. This was excellent. I then had the opportunity to make casts of my objective markers to use as bases. As much as I enjoy the markers, they were mostly for mounting the scarabs, which I wanted to have a swarm feel, so either stacked up on bases, or flying around. After a marathon hobby week, while entertaining two kids under 4, I have finished them. Here is a quick overview of the process:
- step 1: scarabs are painted silver, incidentally making them look more like production scarabs.
- Step 2: Light Black Wash